Early years professional development fund has arrived in Hertfordshire
An outstanding opportunity has now arrived in Hertfordshire for PVI providers and childminders to be offered the opportunity to participate in fully funded professional development activities.
The focus of this training is to improve disadvantaged children’s early language and literacy outcomes. The Department for Education will be appointing a national delivery partner to deliver this training from Autumn 2019.
The expectation is that HCC Family Services Commissioning will set up four continuous professional development (CPD) partnerships across the county (North, South, East and West) consisting of up to a maximum of 15 providers in each partnership. Providers who will be asked to join these partnerships will be identified using the following criteria as determined by the Department for Education:
- early years providers that have been rated as 'requires improvement' or 'inadequate' in the last three years
- early years providers with high numbers of children in receipt of early years pupil premium (EYPP)
- early years providers with high numbers of children with special education needs or disabilities (SEND)
- early years providers with high numbers of children taking up the disadvantaged two-year-old free early education offer
- early years providers where local intelligence suggests disadvantaged children would benefit from their practitioners receiving additional CPD support.
Family Services Commissioning is now using this criteria to identify providers and will be contacting these providers directly in the coming weeks, with more information. Providers identified will be able to send up to three people from their setting to the training. Supply cover and other associated costs will be paid.
Additionally, in each of the partnerships a maximum of four CPD champions will be recruited whose role will be to support the delivery of the training and offer mentorship to other providers in their partnership. More information on this aspect of the training will be available soon.
For those providers which are identified, this will be an outstanding opportunity to receive full funded training and mentoring over a period of 18 months which can only enhance the quality of settings in the long term.
For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org